The Samaritan Woman, What can we learn from her?

Felt lead to put this to paper, I get reminded of the Samaritan woman encountering Jesus often. We can easily put ourselves in the shoes of the Samaritan lady.

In John 4: 1-26 - Scripture Verses:

. Jacob’s well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.
When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?” (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)
The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a])
10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”
13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”
16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”
17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”
26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”



Here are some point about the encounter and what we can apply to our lives:

1. She had a past(of so many husbands) and so do we, none of us are perfect and yet Jesus took the time to be with her, I pray we would all realise how much God wants to spend time with us, not watching  tv, reading a book,or chatting to a friend but real one - one ,NO distractions time with him.

2.Jesus revealed himself to her. God wants to reveal himself to us. YAY!!

We really, can apply the chapter to our lives. Jesus loves us all the same and he is always waiting ever patiently for his children to come to him.

3. I loved that Jesus tells her he is the living water and once she takes a drink she will never go thirsty. Without water we can not live, we just got to drink it to survive, right!
Jesus is just that, water without him we can't live, not really. Just think back to your life without Jesus, how were you then? Empty? Whole? Full of life? didn't feel something was missing?

When Jesus entered your life, he became the water that quenched your thirst, and the Holy Spirit continues to quench us.

Definitely my reaction would have been the same as the Samaritan woman running into Town to let everyone know she has met the Saviour, lamb that takes our sins away, and well she was just never the same again. I agree, I am not the same after meeting my Saviour.

Jesus please give me your living water(spirit) Amen.



Follow me on Facebook: Miss K

                          Twitter:@Kamani05

God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scriptures for Single women

Happy Valentine's Day!!

My spiritual walk - Lost and mistakes made